Friday, August 03, 2012

North Side Outflow

Thursday's storm complex to drop through the southern half of the state caught my attention even though I wasn't really able to be out. I was however, close to an open area that enabled me to not only view an unusual north side shelf cloud but a family of gustnadoes upon passage of the gust front ejecting out from the south. Initially I didn't think I would have reason at all to break out my camera hence why the first shot is merely an edited phone pic.









What seemed like nothing when entering the state would mushroom into a massive complex that produced generous rainfall where it passed but left many areas dry including here (which for those who do not know is between Springfield and Champaign).




And finally, near sunset.




1 comment:

Suz said...

love that rainbow...show it to the church