Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Breakfast Boundary

Unexpected post for today in that after picking up some breakfast, I noticed a well defined frontal boundary on the approach so I deviated out into the country for a look. It ended up being somewhat energetic in that aside from the forward speed, there was a sizable wind increase on passage although I cannot estimate with accuracy. What was cool was the motion including an updraft with some wrapping. I wish I could have gotten video of it but was ill prepared for thinking there would be no reason to get out a camera at all. For a sub-marginal midday non event, I'm glad to have not dismissed this one. The "S" word has been getting thrown around out on social media but I refuse to acknowledge such foolish banter.

KILX radar was taken down for maintenance after the last scan, I was above the M in Macon.


Heman Illinois, population.. ?










1 comment:

Suz said...

hope you ate your breakfast before it got cold
nice fog