Saturday, June 19, 2010

June 13 Storms

Better late than never, on this day I intercepted a severe warned storm from S of Warrensburg or basically just up the street. For several reasons including headache and lack of interest, I hadn't planned on going out but changed my mind at the last minute. The shelf cloud was very impressive though not nearly as intense as in some images I saw from others who captured it several minutes earlier.









Afterwards, I went home to wait out the rain. Towards sunset I went out again to see if there would be any color on the backside. Mammatus was equally impressive but would drift well E before the best light kicked in. I did try for daytime lightning though not very successful.




Note the faint rainbow lower left.




The faint rainbow from earlier gained intensity as the sun edged closer to the horizon. Without an ideal foreground present, I tried to make due with the 300mm.


Town of Maroa.


The nuisance cloud was disappointing but again, I tried to make the best of it.


1 comment:

Suz said...

Oh my that last shot is gorgeous!
that refection!