Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Roller Mania

Strong winds coupled with just the right consistency of wet snowfall created ideal conditions for TRUE snow rollers to develop just to our northwest on the evening of the 17th. I would learn of this phenomena via social media and then experience it for myself upon arriving to work. At daybreak I headed out into the country in the general direction of the reports where it did not take long to find wide swaths of farmland covered in a multitude of rollers. Having been eleven years and six days since experiencing these things (unlike the puffballs from a few posts back), it's exciting to finally add them to my portfolio and especially the larger ones.















Emphasis on the distant plow.






Family Portrait




Go home rollers, you're drunk!










This one went semi-viral on social media, I would love to have seen it form.

No comments: