Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

As those who know me know, this holiday since 2008 has become somewhat of a bittersweet one. There isn't a day that goes by that I do not think about her and when you are an only child with both parents lost to cancer, it has a very significant impact on your outlook towards life. I am by no means a depressed individual because of it though my priorities are markedly different than most people. The path of life is for me, crystal clear and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel hence I try to savor each step along the way, making the best of it while I am able. This is perhaps no more true than out on Facebook where I throw comments and compliments at any chance, often at total strangers who might be uncertain as to whether I am friend or foe. While many place significance on career, family or experience, mine is on opportunity and maximizing on whatever is placed in my path when it happens. You see this with the things I produce which labels my interests as impossible to categorize but not far from the things any given person may enjoy. I'm just like everyone else with bad days and problems but it is my hope that when my time comes and we can look back on the life that was, my path has left as positive of an impression on those I have encountered as did our Mother.

From this morning at Weldon Springs, many thanks to all of you ladies who do so much for our babies.





1 comment:

Suz said...

I always knew you were special
even if I have never met you
I know
your mom raised one heck of a man
bless her on this day
and I bet she was talented in the arts too