Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May

Though it has been a busy month and I have kept up for the most part, it has not exactly been easy. Between mental fog, pain and a less than ideal frame of mind, I'm not sure what's going on with me these days or how to correct it. Withdrawing on social media as to not convey this negativity towards good people who are otherwise for the most part strangers has netted some unexpected and at times disappointing reactions. Not so sure that was a good idea but the damage is done. So long as the bills are paid, mouths are fed and there is general stability then I am 'happy'. Everything else is just filler so the key to satisfaction is to try and do it in the most creative manner possible which couldn't be more true with a well timed recent accomplishment. Per the first image, I am in a local show for the month at the Decatur Arts Council hosted by an art group I have been with called The Barn Colony. Attempting to counter my bad aura, I decided to enter something whimsical and (as far as I know) not done in Decatur before. The lighthearted nature of a few recent minifig shots was not only entertainingly successful by the personal reviews received while attending the opening but earned ribbons including best of show! Who knew that my Lego figurines from the 80's would bring as much joy at age 40 as they did at age 10? Seeing adults identify with a familiar childhood subject in such a positive fashion was very fulfilling. Ava enjoys these pictures and is my inspiration for "toying" with this theme as they are also a great tool for scale representation.



On the night of the critique, we "played" while the juror talked.




Nature walk from the 4th.


Dust devil from the 5th.


Wide angle fun during a Moultrie county nature walk on the 7th.






Kaskaskia River








Fairview Park, Decatur

1 comment:

suz said...

Oh PaUL I am so thrilled for you and Ava
I guess I do have an eye afterall...who knew?