Monday, December 24, 2012

Static Electricity Macro Photography II

Using the same technique from my previous post, I sprinkled flint dust from a lighter on to the doorknob. Thinking nothing would happen, I was pleasantly surprised when the static charge made contact with the particles.







Microscopic plasma ball?




A little too much flint dust lol.






Three image stack.


Hoping everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas holiday. Be weather aware if you live anywhere from the southern Plains through the northeast as a significant post Christmas storm system will be setting up for the remainder of this week.

2 comments:

Suz said...

Merry CHristmas Paul

Anonymous said...

So, I'm a practicing photographer interested in capturing electricity, but before I do this I was wondering, if the electricity jumps to my camera will it cause any damage?