Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Hunt for Perseids

Early on the morning of August 12th as well as later before midnight heading into the 13th, I stepped out to catch the Perseid meteor shower. For the morning session, my nephew braved the mosquitoes with me and together we saw nearly two dozen including a few fireballs. Unfortunately only one would appear on an out of focus practice shot but it was better than nothing.





Iridium Flare


This was a genuine Perseid


I also used to opportunity to shoot enough frames to render my first star trails creation. Once we get into fall and winter, I hope to do more with this sort of photography. This is 33 frames equaling about 16 minutes of trailing.

2 comments:

Suz said...

I was counting on you\thanks

p said...

Thanks, in order though to do meteors any justice, you really need good equipment which mine is marginal at best and not suitable for night sky work. Look for Prairiestorm Media Blog in the list, Andrew does some neat things with night sky photography.