Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 13 - Freezing Fog at Weldon Springs

Didn't get the sun to line up in the first shot as I would have preferred but it works for setting the mood. It truly was a surreal experience.







Borrowed this technique from Mike Hollingshead










Note the cross country ski tracks. I saw only two other sets of human tracks throughout the entire park making mine the fourth human to visit in as many days since the last snowfall. A woman and her dog came behind me much later. Dog wasn't very friendly and was concerned it might come after me when I was down in the marsh. Thinking I might invest in a form of non-lethal protection for the just in case.






































See something you like? Contact me for print information...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos!
I really like the first 3 and some of the trees near the end.
L

Dan R said...

Very nice - we haven't seen anything like that here yet.

Suz said...

your photo never cease to amaze me

p said...

Thanks everyone :)

Severe Weather Preparedness 101 said...

Those photos are amazing Paul!